|Pumpkins outside entrance of Marie's Candies.
Yesterday my friends Barb and Whitney joined me on a trip to Marie's Candies in West Liberty, Ohio. If I make the right turns, it's about 25 minutes from home. I know I've mentioned them before, but if you are in the area (near Bellefontaine) you really ought to stop in. They always have festive decorations, great candy and samples! We learned something as we pulled up. Did you know that October 30th is National Candy Corn Day????
|Barb and Whitney!
Other Halloween Fun Facts: courtesy of Marie's signs...
* Halloween introduced to America in the 1940s.
* 2/3 of Americans buy decorations, 2nd most decorated holiday
* 90% of parents sneak candy out of their children's treat bag
* Three billion dollars a year spent on Halloween merchandise.
* 99% of pumpkins grown become Jack O'Lanterns (nearly 998 million pounds of them)
The friendly gals do a great job of beautifully decorating the store and their products. You would think you were in a big city shop instead of a little store out in the country.
|Taylor's 2013 Pirate Pumpkin
|We had a pumpkin decorating contest at work. This is our appliance/cabinet dept entry.
|Though Taylor carved his pumpkin, I cheated with Mr. Potato Head parts! The hens will get to enjoy these after the holiday.
|A not-too-happy Sylvia Scarlett dressed up as a Bucket of Chicken and we stopped into where I work.
We did have one trick or treater come a bit early....
Until next time, have a safe and Happy Halloween (hopefully a storm-free one too!)