I am so sorry that there has been a large gap between videos, but I have some very good excuses... I will do a post on them soon, but want to cut right to the chase here....
I had requests to do a spinner card and a process video, so I thought I would honor both requests at once! I step out most things in the video, but here are the basic things I do with most projects:
1. Clean up craft area. This may sound silly, because I often use the same supplies. But I put everything away for a fresh start. It de-clutters my mind.
2. Where do my ideas come from?
- Sometimes I have an idea when I buy it (often I forget though)
- I make a crude sketch of placement
- Sometimes there is a specific technique I want to try and go from there.
- Sometimes it's a new supply I can't wait to use.
- I may need a card for a certain occasion or season
- Rare occasions: A video hop or card challenge (wish I could do more of those!)
- Lastly, photos from FB, YT or Instagram, but I try to avoid that as I want in my head my project to be totally "original" to me.
- leave open and have sentiment show through to inside.
- sandwich vellum or acetate, but this sentiment isn't symmetrical;
- could color acetate or vellum or use colored paper