My New Year's Resolutions could pretty much double as my "Bucket List." It's gonna take that long for me to complete. I don't need to write up a list of resolutions every year. I just renew the same list over and over. You know; lose weight, exercise more, save money for retirement, become debt free, clean out the photo closet... they are all delusional fantasies. (Especially the photo closet. Don't open that door unless you are prepared for an avalanche!) The following list is actually based on a 2006 one I found in a notebook:
Gale's 2012 List
(If lost or stolen, please refer to 2011, 2010, 2009 or previous lists...)
Green means "shows improvement" and black means totally ignored
1. Lose Weight- Well, a few pounds is better than nothing. I will reach my goal by the year 2032.
2. Save Money- Only marginally better than # 1. I think I can scrape up an extra $70 more than last year.
3. Exercise 3x per week- Getting closer! I average 1-2x a week at yoga classes! It has been great!
4. Read one book monthly- Haven't come close. Maybe 6 books all year! Been busy!
5. Finish half-done craft projects- ROFLOL!
6. Mail out magazine article and book queries to actually sell something- See #5.
7. Start IRA and Drip accounts for retirement- See #5 also.
8. Clean out and organize all closets, laundry area, basement and garage- #5 again!
9. Cut out white sugar, pasta, four and rice- Major #5!
10. Put all photos in organized books or boxes- Still have closet avalanche!
What are some of your repeat resolutions????
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New 2012!
See ya next year!
I got #9! Feel great about it, too! I guess I don't make lists like this...I am not a finisher. More of a starter. And a slow one, at that!
The only thing lately I stopped making resolutions years ago. Felt it was better for me not to set myself up for failures. :)
Cher Sunray Gardens
Post a Comment